Garrick is originally from Warner Robins, GA. He is the father of 1 and the grandfather of 2. He is also the former president of the National Federation of the Blind of Georgia. He graduated from Gardner Webb University with a degree in Communication Studies.
Secretary/ Co- Founder
See bio HERE.
Treasurer/ Co- Founder
See bio HERE.
Amanda Cooper is a News Reporter for Entercom Atlanta stations V-103, News and Talk 1380WAOK, 92.9 The Game, and Star 94.1.
Before joining Entercom, Amanda’s professional background included corporate training, learning and development, voice over acting, and corporate recruiting. She also hosted a weekly syndicated radio talk show called “Talking Out Loud with A. L. Cooper.” The show was broadcasted on Proflick Radio in Allentown, PA; KSON-Studio One in Mountain View, CA; Independent Talk 1100 KFNX in Phoenix, AZ; and WIGO 1570AM in Atlanta, GA. In 2014, the show was also adapted into a weekly television talk show, which aired on DeKalb TV Comcast 25 and People TV Comcast 24.
Amanda is also a certified Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Coach and Catalyst Leader. Her passion for people has fueled her desire to help those in need. In her spare time, Amanda is a sought after motivational speaker, and she also hosts free workshops focused on teaching people how to rebuild their lives from the bottom up.
Over the years, Amanda has been a member of The National Coalition of 100 Black Women-Mecca Chapter, Government Contractors Association (GCA), as well as a board member for the non-profit organizations Health is Wealth Foundation and Femfessionals-Norcross Chapter. She attended The American College of Applied Arts in Atlanta and is currently enrolled in The Georgia Film Academy.
Cerette M. Thompson
Cerette M. Thompson is a native of Bronx, New York and earned her Bachelor’s Degree from Syracuse University. Before relocating to Georgia, she taught General Equivalency Diploma (GED) preparation and vocational training to at-risk youth. After a personal life changing moment with a family member, she became passionate about serving Individuals with Disabilities. This passion encouraged her to obtain a Master’s Degree in Special Education from University of West Georgia and Specialist Degree in Curriculum and Instruction from Liberty University. Over 18 years later, Cerette continues to service and educate Individuals with Disability in the Elementary School System. It is her drive to continue to provide support to Individuals with Disabilities, youth and the homeless population.
Erickia Thompson is an IT professional and employed by Georgia Systems Operation Corporation as a Business Systems Analyst. She became affiliated with Telic Empowerment when she attended a Parent Empowerment Group. Her 19 year old son is autistic and she thought his story could help parents with young children that have a disability. She is honored to be on the Board of Directors and looks forward to helping families.
Lisa V. Lake
See bio HERE.
See bio HERE.
Are You Interested in Becoming A Board Member?
- Do you have an interest in issues affecting people with disabilities?
- Are you familiar with Telic Empowerment?
- Have you attended a Telic Empowerment event or volunteered with one or more of our programs and want to become more involved?
- Has a current board member recommended you apply to be a board member?
Then you might be just what we are looking for!
The role of the board is to:
● Uphold, monitor and accurately communicate Telic Empowerment’s mission, vision and purpose.
● Meet periodically.
● Discuss and vote on the policies and affairs that govern Telic Empowerment.
● Approve budgets and programming.
● Ensure quality control.
● Review and approve plans of reorganization and growth.
Telic Empowerment Board Members are required to:
- Be fully trained by attending Telic Empowerment’s Board and Strategic Training.
- Attend a Telic Empowerment event.
- Complete a written application.
- Be voted in by the current board.
- Serve a minimum of 2 years.
- Download the board application.
- Email the completed application to email@example.com (OPTIONAL: Include a resume).